PDN PhotoPlus Expo Adds Several New Wedding and Digital Video Seminars to Support Growing Trend in Photographic Market
Wedding and Digital Video Segment Growth Attracts First Time Exhibitors To Help Attendees Grow Revenue, Understand Benefits of New Technologies
Sep 21, 2010 - New York, NY
PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo has announced its 2010 seminar, keynote and special events schedule at the Jacob Javits Center in New York from October 28-30. The seminar program continues to provide cutting edge content for the evolving needs of photographers and imaging professionals, including several new wedding / portrait and digital video sessions. All totaled, more than 100 seminars, special events, and keynote presentations by industry experts will occur over three days, making PhotoPlus Expo an enormous classroom of higher learning to help attendees expand their business. Visit PhotoPlus Expo to see a complete listing of seminars and special events.
PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo is expanding its extensive schedule of seminars at this year's show with many new presentations directed at wedding photographers and the growing interest and applications of digital video by photographers. Attendees of this year's show will have access to an incredible array of seminars, panel discussions, and exhibitors who will collectively showcase the latest techniques, technologies, and services to increase business and bolster productivity. PDN PhotoPlus Expo 2010 will be held from October 28-30th, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Visit PhotoPlus Expo to see a complete listing to register for the show.
The enhanced schedule reflects an increasing interest among industry professionals and amateurs in digital video and wedding photography practices – and a new opportunity for exhibitors to display their expertise, technologies and products.
Beyond the additional seminars focusing on wedding photography and digital video, PhotoPlus’ Video Pavilion will again highlight the latest innovations in digital video technologies. The Video Pavilion was one of the most popular areas on the expo floor last year and included several companies dedicated to digital video including Vimeo, IDC Photo Video, and JVC.
“The continued expansion into the wedding market and digital video helps bring a new breed of photographers and video professionals to the show to learn, see, and experience the exciting changes in the photographic industry,” said Jeff McQuilkin, Group Show Director for Nielsen Expositions, which owns the PDN PhotoPlus Expo trade show. “An increasing number of exhibitors dedicated to wedding photography and digital video are slated to exhibit at this year’s event and represents the show’s continued dedication to providing information and inspiration that reflect the latest industry and imaging trends."
Seminars at a Glance
Expanding business opportunities, advanced imaging techniques, and new technologies are only a few reasons why PhotoPlus Expo is adding more than 65 new seminars to the 2010 schedule. Lectures covering Wedding, Digital Video, the Business of Photography, Marketing, Website Development, Multimedia, and Social Media are designed to educate and inspire imaging professionals at every level.
Digital Video Seminar Highlights Include:
- Vincent Laforet - Laforet will outline the most common challenges still photographers face as they transition into cinematography. He will present tips and techniques that focus on the new digital SLRs to capture video, and highlight the myriad of technical advantages and hurdles this equipment presents. The presentation includes a live shoot segment to demonstrate DSLR accessories and post process workflow including video conversion, basic editing and grading. Sponsored by Canon.
- Lauren Greenfield - As the future of print remains in question, photographers must adapt to the world of new media, video and audio to promote their photographic work and creative vision. Greenfield will host a presentation and Q&A to discuss the synergy of video and still photography and its creative impact on documentary work within the varied platforms of filmmaking, commercial directing, and multimedia producing, as well as the traditional but diversified outlets of magazines, books and museums. Sponsored by Canon.
- Corey Rich - A long time storyteller and an early adopter of DSLR technology for capturing HD video content, Rich will provide attendees with a deep understanding the interplay of traditional print, video, audio content and still images to deliver a compelling narrative message. This presentation details the role of a visual storyteller and explores the philosophy, techniques and business strategy behind attracting and creating multimedia content for both commercial and editorial clients. Special attention will be paid to the concept of a project, scripting, production, execution, editing philosophy and proper asset management to allow the delivery of a message across multiple platforms. Sponsored by Nikon.
Wedding Photography Highlights Include:
- Jasmine Star - Star believes that success as a wedding photographer is based on a relationship with the clients and developing a brand built on trust between the photographer, bride and groom. In her session, Jasmine will lead photographers through a series of concepts designed to identify and establish your unique brand personality, creativity and enthusiasm - all in the pursuit of communication and making sure each wedding client feels as though they are the exclusive point of focus. Sponsored by Leather Craftsman.
- Elizabeth Messina - Elizabeth Messina is an award-winning photographer, who will share her passion for photographing weddings, and her secrets and approach to capturing love stories and celebrations. As a film shooter, her images have a timeless and intimate feel. Messina will present technical details, such as how she exposes her images and her love for natural light. She will also explain how she gets to the heart of weddings and captures emotive images that represent the inner feelings of her subjects. In addition, Messina will share how to get your work published in magazines and on the Web, and ways to brand yourself and market your images by being true to yourself and following your heart. Sponsored by Fuji.
- Rebecca Crumley and Anja Winikka - Brides love them. You love them. So how do you get your photos featured online or in a bridal magazine? Rebecca offers tips on how to create a winning entry. The Knot wedding photo editor, Rebecca Crumley, will reveal exactly what she looks for when choosing Real Wedding submissions. You’ll learn what editors look for when choosing wedding photos for publication; what makes an ideal wedding submission; the correct format for photo submissions; why some submissions don't get chosen; and insider secrets to shooting the perfect bridal magazine wedding. Handouts will be provided.
About PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo
Designed for professionals in the photographic and imaging industries, PhotoPlus showcases the latest advances in photography, both traditional and digital. Held annually at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, attendees have the opportunity to explore an inspiring array of photography and imaging products and services - everything from image capture and color management to retouching and storage - all from the industry's leading manufacturers.
The show also offers more than 100 photography and imaging seminars and hands-on workshops taught by world-renowned experts with a focus on cutting-edge innovations in digital imaging products and techniques. For a complete listing of all the seminars and presentations at the event, follow to the link to the PPE website.
Synergy Communications, Inc.
Synergy Communications, Inc.