Discover the latest in photography, video and digital imaging
PhotoPlus Expo offers the ultimate experience in photography, video and digital imaging.
There are dozens of reasons to register for a conference seminar -- whether you want to improve your craft, expand your expertse,learn how to run a successful photography business or discover the latest trends from world class presenters.
The entire conference and expo is dedicated to helping expand your expertise, so please arrive curious, and you'll leave inspired.
- Download Seminar Guide
- Watch Speaker Videos
Choose from Over 90 Seminars and Hands-on Labs
Choose from over 90 conference seminars led by top talent. PhotoPlus Expo conference seminars are divided into eight program tracks. The following is a summary of the areas that the seminar program will cover.
- Mastering Light
- Shooting Memorable Moments
- Creating for Clients
- Social Media and Marketing
- Better Business
- Tips and Trends
- In Motion
- Hands-On Advanced
Click below to get info on seminar description, schedule and speakers.
PDN PhotoPlus Seminar sponsors include Canon, Adobe, Epson, Nikon, Sony, ASMP, B&H, APA and much more.
Photography Hands-on Labs
Let industry experts guide you. Whether you're a seasoned professional or a photography enthusiast who wants professional results, our labs have just the educational resources you’re seeking. There are nine hands-on labs being offered. The cost to attend is $150 each.
Advanced Level (Thursday):
- Glamour & Fashion Retouching
- The Power of Lightroom 4 Metadata, Presets and Collections
- Professional Video Editing Strategies
Intermediate Level (Friday):
- The Creative Digital Darkroom with Lightroom
- The Black & White Digital Darkroom with Photoshop CS6 & Nik Silver Efex Pro
- Exploring Video with Photoshop CS6
Beginners Level (Saturday):
- Lightroom Workflow Foundations
- Photoshop CS6 Layers & Masking Demystified
- Zero Budget - No Problem Digital Video for Photographers
2012 Keynote Speakers
Three inspirational keynote speakers are among the amazing talent who will be presenting at the PhotoPlus Conference + Expo.
Stephen Shore - Stephen will examine the aesthetic roots of this body of work and how it grew out of his decades-long drive to push his work into new directions.
David LaChapelle - David will share his images, thoughts, and the ups-and-downs of being a true photographic icon.
James Balog - James keynote presentation will include pre-theatre release screening of the film "Chasing Ice" featuring Balog.
Brought to you by Wedding and Portrait Photographers International, WPPI U is a full-day series of seminars, the day before PhotoPlus opens, especially for wedding and portrait photographers who envision a successful career in photography. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from some of the most talented and successful photographers in the industry on subjects including lighting and posing techniques, wedding and portrait tips, business planning and marketing, post production (Lightroom & Photoshop) and more!
WPPI U Speaker Schedule:
- The Knot Presents: Getting Published, How to Think Like an Editor - Rebecca Crumley
- Wait for the Moment or Create the Moment? - Jerry Ghionis
- Family Portraits: The Big Money Makers - Michele Celentano sponsored by Canon
- Guerilla Lighting for the Modern Wedding & Portrait Photographer - Jason Groupp
- Help-Portrait: Making a Difference With Your Camera - Jeremy Cowart
- Posing & Lighting for Weddings - Bambi Cantrell sponsored by Epson
- Get Real: A Case for Authenticity in Wedding Imagery - Denis Reggie sponsored by Canon
- Shooting Winning Portraits: From Clich to Creativity - Henk Van Kooten sponsored by Graphistudio
View Pricing Options
Early bird pricing: Save by choosing from a variety of conference seminar packages, which suit any schedule or budget.
*Bonus* Purchase any Seminar or Hands-on lab and also receive:
Free 3-day pass to the PhotoPlus Expo exhibit hall, Oct. 25–27 – explore the expo and discover an inspiring array of photography products and services
Free admission to keynote presentations, featuring Stephen Shore (Oct. 25), David LaChapelle (Oct. 26) and James Balog (Oct. 27)
Free admission to Test Drive Rally, Oct. 24, preview the latest photography gear and creative solutions the day before PhotoPlus Expo opens
Free admission to lynda.com’s documentary film premiere; Jerry Uelsmann & Maggie Taylor: This is Not Photography – Oct. 26, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Javits Convention Center, including a Q&A session with the film director & producer and Jerry & Maggie. Watch the trailer.
To register for a seminar, hands-on lab, or keynote presentation, please click below:
- Plan your visit. Login to the PhotoPlus Planner to set up your profile and get connected with exhibitors.
- Have questions? For help with registration & attending the show, visit our FAQ page or contact us.
- Presenting at PhotoPlus Expo? Get helpful tips at our Speaker Resource Center.